Gwinnett Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine is pleased to participate in most insurance plans. For your protection, we suggest that you verify our participation in your particular insurance plan at check-in prior to every visit. For a complete listing of insurance plans in which we participate see the insurance info page or contact our insurance department at 770-995-0823.
The following information is helpful for parents to keep in mind:
- Please bring your insurance card with you for each visit. We will verify that your coverage is effective
- New Patients will have insurance coverage verified prior to the visit.
- GPAM will gladly file your primary insurance for you, accepting your co-pay and deductible at the time of your visit. Deductibles and copays are due at the time of the visit - if not paid there may be a billing fee in addition to the amount due.
- We only file secondary insurances we are contracted to do so with. While we do not file most secondary insurance, we will be more than happy to provide you with the necessary statements to do so or file at your request.
- If we do not have a billing contract with your insurance provider, we will list you as "self pay" and will anticipate full payment at the time of your visit.
- Because we have over 50 contracts and the status of insurance providers is always changing, we do not and cannot know with certainty whether a given provider or medicine is approved by your insurance company. You are responsible for knowing whom you can and cannot go to according to the information provided by your insurance company.
Please remember, while we will work with you on getting paid from your insurance company, ultimately, the financial responsibility for medical treatment rests with you - the policy holder.